Thursday, September 10, 2009

Creativity is dead

So this is a random post.

Currently coding.

Also listening to BirdChillRock which is playing Glen Hansard singing a Dylan song. I say, is this just me? Or does the way your day goes have any connection to the quality of music Pandora plays for you on that day? I've noticed horrible selections on really bad days. Some might say the song is not bad, it's my projection of a bad day that makes it bad.

Well, at least creativity is not dead in all domains. I found a simple (hopefully right) solution to our transcription problem, it was nice and elegant, which pissed off Y who came up with this statement - 'my only problem is that this seems really simple'. WTF. But Y's prone to statements like that.

We had a huge debate today. He said something stupid along the line of he doesn't blog his poems cause he's old fashioned and thinks that writing and writers belong to the print world. Worse yet, he said he didn't want to associate himself with the characters out there who blogged silly stuff and passed them as poems and stories. Ha! Now , we can't let statements like that go off now ,can we? Especially when we know the real thing is out there.

At the end of it, I think some stuff I said (especially about spoken word) registered with him, but he seemed uneasy when he said - 'I don't know,man, it's hard for me to open up and change to thoughts like that, my biggest change so far was moving away from my home and living with roommates I didn't know', I knew it was time to give up. Y is Y, 23 or not, he's just going to take his own sweet time.

Anyway, back to coding. Why do I have so many packed days?

1 comment:

  1. You need what is popularly called a break.
    lets go to new zealand.
    :)
    (am not helping)

    ReplyDelete