Thursday, June 24, 2010

My dearest HG,

Yes, it's been six months since I married you. I know that six month celebrations are not common, and I'd be like Subodh (from DCH) if I remembered our anniversary every six months and pestered you with cake. But since this is our first six months being married, I hope you'd allow me to say a few things. After all, how many times does a first six month anniversary come about? Yes, exactly....once.

In the past six months, we have seen each other a total of 25 days. That's it. These days, naturally, were the best ever I've had. The remaining, about 155 or so, were the second best I've had. I know that in the next six months, these numbers will change dramatically. One thing though - I thought I knew you before marrying you. Not completely, but enough to keep me satisfied and confident that I knew you and that you are mine. Little did I know that there were secrets about you that I discovered since then. And now I hope these secrets, these little things that tell me who you are, never stop coming. In some ways, I want you to be a mystery. So that little things surface every now and then, that only I know of.

Secondly, two weeks more and you will be here. I heard once a lady say that it's pretty easy to figure men out - pay little attention to what they say and more attention to what they do. I hope that I've shown you that I love you through the things I did. I hope that this is somewhere deep within you, to give you confidence that you need in order to do what you need to do. And when you're here with me, I hope that this gets cemented.

And lastly, I started this blog with the intention of being true. I realised that if I let the lies (starting with one or two and then becoming indecipherable) stay, I wil never reach anywhere. What I found suprising is that I am naturally true when I am with you. Discovering you has lead to discovering me.

I don't have much fancy words. Well, I do. But let's save our friends the pain. You know I love you.

Happy six month anniversary :).

Yours,
Bird.

9 comments:

  1. Aww. Congratulations Bird and HG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwwwwwwwww you lil mush pot!! Oh, and you are worse than Subodh. Not for remembering six month anniversaries but for remembering the name Subodh! :|

    Happy six month anniversary you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! and my verify word was "unify" how creepy is that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is the wrong part to comment on? but how dyu even remembr the name subhodh?you dint even know who priyanka chopra was till a while back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Narco: Thanks! All's well with the move?
    @June: Thanks! And yeah that is weird.
    @HG: Er..I dunno..that got stereotyped in my head..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats you guys! And Bird, I don't think I like you anymore. I'll tell you why when I catch u online ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. To comment or not to?this seemed really personal,so..but then,an 8th one wont make a difference..uh?
    Somehow the post a comment option never works at office and that's where I always read this..but now I have got a smartphone :) (not the one u think)
    Finally to the point.
    CONGRATS!!
    Happy for u guys that u r gonna b together soon.
    And I hate u for not knowing who Priyanka Chopra is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Shakes: Thanks man..:) I knew of her, i didnt know which one, and i still get confused sometimes. As for the new phone, it's prob the other one am thinking of.

    ReplyDelete