Friday, August 12, 2011

The Internship I worked


I loved this internship.  It opened up a new side of me. It taught me that in spite of having an ill defined problem with no beginning, no end and no statement, and having a boss who was over-dramatic in putting his heads in his hands the first time he heard my ideas, and having multiple instances of self doubt about whether to go in industry and academia, in spite of all that, I have the balls to put in the work on the grindstone, to think independently, and to see it pay off with demurity.

During the days leading up to the final presentation, I was so fucking self aware that clarity and me shook hands.

I like the boss now. He has some ideas, and one has to be patient and wait for his questions and theatrics to pass before he reaches there.

I haven't resolved the academia vs industry debate.  But you know what? I absofuckinglutely think I will be OK either way. 

Adios, california. 

2 comments: