Friday, March 19, 2010

When you can't win them all..

So far, I've done pretty OK with all of HG's family, her relatives and her friends. I love her naturally which I guess shows and as a consequence am given the nod of approval mostly without any fuss. The only guy that refuses to acknowledge my existence is her apartment security guard.

Seriously.

This balding grumpy looking chap's world has shaken by my arrival. Forget speaking to me, he doesn't look at me, and talks only to her. Even when it's just the three of us are in the lift together going up. I wanted to start a conversation with a gentle 'Aap kaise ho?' but the cat had come and taken off with my tongue and put a big marble in my throat. What resulted was a guttural sound. At which he waggled his eyebrows in his my general direction and continued his conversation with HG.

Oh well.

6 comments: