The kind of person who always always had someone to take care of things and expect you to do the same, no matter who you are.
This short little girl, whom we shall call Short, walked in class last week looking extremely huffed and flustered. She automatically turns to me and announces, "My watch's battery is gone out.'
Oh, I reply, not really interested.
"I hadn't noticed it" Short continues walking towards me. "It happened all of a sudden. Before and all, I used to give to him and he'd take care of it"
Hmm..
Now, I didn't know who 'him' meant. It could either be her husband (poor sucker) or even the watch repair fellow. But I did know what's coming up next.
"Do you know anything about watch repair?"
Err..no.
"Ok..what's the time?"
Since then, every time she's run into me, including at class today, she's asked me the bloody fucking time.
Maybe she likes you?
ReplyDeleteEesh..no. I think i settled it though. Yesterday, on being asked whats the time, I told her it was time to get a new watch.
ReplyDeleteshe.LIKES.You?
ReplyDeleteAHA.